Photograph: Elmia Wood 2017 has opened and visitors from around the world are queuing to enther the event with happy faces, despite the rain!
Today is the opening day of the world’s largest forestry fair, Elmia Wood, in the forest south of Jönköping, Sweden. This year the fair is bigger and more comprehensive than ever, with more than 550 exhibitors from five continents. Almost 200 of them are exhibiting here for the first time.
With the premiere of the Load & Transport section, the fairgrounds are expanding in the forest with new segments in logistics and timber handling. Two more new sections, the Drone Zone and Hunting, add to this year’s innovation.
A packed programme
The fair’s daily programme is busier than ever and incudes shows, competitions, award ceremonies, networking events and seminars. Major events include the Forwarder World Cup, the Swedish Forwarder Championships and the Swedish School Forwarder Championships.
Exhibitors and products
Our exhibitors are also giving demonstrations. Companies offering world premieres at Elmia Wood include Ponsse, Komatsu, John Deere, Rottne, Tigercat, Ecolog, Volvo and Liebherr. The demo areas are larger this year and include everything from trials of new machines to full-scale final felling.
Our online fair catalogue offers information about all the exhibiting companies in alphabetical order. It also includes a searchable directory of exhibitors by all the product categories represented at the fair.
Facts about Elmia Wood 2017
- The world’s largest forestry fair by both area and exhibitor numbers
- Sweden’s largest trade fair by area
- A total of 555 exhibitors from 28 countries
- 36% of exhibitors come from outside Sweden
- In total there are 85,000 square metres of stand area and 131,000 square metres of demo area along a seven-kilometre forest trail
- The fairgrounds consist of 15 hectares of field area and 250 hectares of forest area
- More than 6,100 people are working at the exhibitors’ stands
- 22 hectares of parking for 9,000 vehicles, which include 100 buses a day
- 22 food outlets, including four new restaurants with their own menus
- 200 accredited press
Elmia Wood 7-10 June
Elmia Wood is the world’s leading forestry fair and is held every four years outdoors in the forest south of Jönköping, Sweden. The last Elmia Wood (2013) had over 500 exhibitors and 50,000 visitors from around the world and was monitored by the international trade press. On 7–10 June 2017 the global forest industry will gather once more.